Just living is not enough…
July 29th, 2013
“Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.” -Hans Christian Anderson
We are loving this “Flower Potluck” hosted by Kinfolk. What an idea!
Below are there tips to having your own flower potluck…
1. Make sure you have plenty of shears/scissors and buckets or vases on hand. It’s also nice to have some twine or ribbon for making little hand bouquets to bring to a friend.
2. Clear a table for all your flowers and greenery; order by shape, color, size, variety, scent—whatever makes the most sense to you.
3. The rules are: There are no rules. Some like to make really wild, frenzied bouquets; some like to make prim and proper posies. Let everyone pick their fancy and go with it. Flowers are personal.
4. One bit of helpful advice: Cut the stems at an angle for more water absorption and cut the leaves off the end of stems (anything below the waterline). This will keep your arrangements fresher for longer.
5. Now that everyone’s had their fill of flowers, enjoy a simple meal together with your bouquets strewn about. No need for anything fancy—your flowered setting will bring charm to your meal no matter how mundane.